Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Fabulous! --The Card Concept #65

January 24, 2017

Today I am playing along with The Card Concept!  I love this challenge and I am always inspired by all the DT cards.  I really enjoy seeing the variety of styles and learn so much from their examples.

My favorite is big, bold colors, and this challenge has it!  I used the colors and the inspiration from the vintage photos for my card. 


I created a Clean and Simple card.  This is a rarity for me because I love lots of layers and stuff!  LOL!


My base card is white.  I added a piece of orange paper on the top.  Then, I created the watercolored background using Picked Raspberry Tim Holtz Distress ink.  I decided to stamp the Martini Lady  from Suzy Says Stamps on white paper and fussy cut her for a darker image.  It is very difficult to achieve this image if you just stamp on the watercolor paper.  I wanted her to be the focal point.  The sentiment is created by using Spiced Marmalade Distress ink on watercolored paper and then using the "fabulous" word die from The Ton and cut it out three times.  I added pearls for her necklace and earrings.  



I hope you enjoyed my card today!  Thanks for stopping by! 


HUGS!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Claire, love the silhouette and the colors are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card IS fabulous! I just love the silhouette! She's so sassy! Thanks for sharing your card with us here at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!