Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy New Baby-PPA237

January 25, 2015  

It is a sunny day in GA.  You can't ask for much more than that in January.  It is a little chilly, but so happy to see the sun shining!

We are off to the airport in Atl. in a few minutes to pick up our dear friends coming to visit from Chicago.  I know they will think it is warm here.  

I ran into my craft room this morning to make a card for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge.  It was a fun sketch this week and I just had to play along.





I always need a baby card to send to new Grand parents or couples having new additions to their families, so I made a generic baby card.  You can never go wrong with a rubber duckie and yellow and blue.  It seems the trend is to not find out what the baby is now, so this card will work for either sex.  




I am on a quest to use things that I have been hoarding.  I love the Flower Pot Designer Series Paper and everyone that knows me, knows I adore polka dots!  
Night of Navy is the perfect accent color for Crushed Curry!



I wanted to leave the rubber duckie white to draw your eye to him.  I just added a little orange on his peak and wings to accent him.  Pearls make everything better!  I hope it doesn't look to girly this way!



If you have any questions on my card, please contact me at:Claire.

Leave a comment if you can!  I love to hear from you!

Have a SUPER SUNDAY!

Happy Stampin'
Claire

The products listed below were used on my card.






14 comments:

  1. Claire, I'm a hoarder of paper, ink, and ribbon...LOL. But I'm in denial. You've done a wonderful job with this sketch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts Sketch 237.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Maggie! Nice to know there is a club for all of us! XX

      Delete
  2. This is a really cute card. I love the colors..and that duck is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire - this card screams "HAPPY!" Love the colors and patterns you chose. Thanks for playing along with this week's PPA sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this not the cutest card, Claire! Great choice of patterns and colors! Of course, the pearls add the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I appreciate your kind comments! XX

      Delete
  5. So adorable! I love all the layers and your bold color choices! Who says baby cards need to be in pastels? Thanks for playing along with PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nicole! It is nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on the polka dots, Claire - pure love! And I love that you used a sweet rubber duckie and yellow so it works for either a boy or a girl. This is one the new parents will cherish!! I hope your weather stayed sunny for your friends!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Darnell! It is so nice to hear from you! XX

      Delete
  7. Love this bright and cheery baby card - those yellow polka dots look fab with the cute duck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Joanne! I appreciate your kind comments! XX

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love every comment. Please come back soon!!